You can now get hitched so long they meet the requirements in accordance with the Danish Act regarding the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.
Regardless if you are engaged and getting married in Copenhagen, some other place in Denmark or abroad, you have to fill in and have now an application authorized.
The first you are able to use is four months ahead of the date you intend to get hitched.
If you should be to have hitched in a new town than your town of residence, or in a church or any other spiritual community, you have to make an application for a alleged “prшvelsesattest”. You must apply for an “жgteskabsattest” if you are to get married abroad.
The applying form may be the regardless that is same of document you make an application for, or you are becoming hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law therefore the Aliens Act has brought impact on the 1 st of 2019 january. You can find out more about any of it in addition to application procedure under “Application details” below.
Right Here you are able to learn about the chance of an air that is open into the City of Copenhagen.
Right right Here you are able to learn about the chance of reserving a registrar to perform the marriage ceremony at a right time and put which you decide.
Read more concerning the needs
A modification of the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has had impact on the first of January 2019.
The alteration ensures that some applications for wedding should be prepared by way of a main unit that is national by the Danish State management (Statsforvaltningen).
Partners whom must deliver their applications towards the main unit that is national couples where one or both events:
- aren’t Danish or citizens that are nordic
- don’t have unlimited residence license in Denmark
- never have acquired a residence that is permanent for Denmark in accordance with EU-Law.
The town of Copenhagen it’s still doing marriage ceremonies.
You need to deliver the job towards the municipality in Denmark where you stand registered (bopжlskommune) if you both meet the criteria that are following
- You will be Danish or Nordic residents
- You have got a residence that is permanent for Denmark
- You’ve got acquired suitable for permanent residency in Denmark based on EU-Law.
You can easily find out more about it on the internet site for the State management by simply clicking this link.
You are able to read more under “Documentation Requirements” below.
If you’re both authorized as residents in Denmark, and now have NemID, you need to complete and deliver the notice of wedding type digitally.
Essential: study ” the best place to Apply” above, before giving the job.
Utilizing the application you have to deliver the after documents:
- Scan of one’s passport or nationwide ID card if you’re perhaps perhaps not really a Danish resident created in Denmark
- Scan of permanent residence license, or evidence of straight to permanent residency in Denmark in line with the EU-rules, if you’re maybe not just a Danish or citizen that is nordic
- We might ask for a certificate of marital status from your previous countries of residence if you have lived in another country than Denmark within recent years
In case a document is released an additional language than English, German or Danish, or perhaps is maybe not released with A nordic nation, it should be submitted in 2 variations: the first, and an interpretation into either English, German or Danish. The interpretation should be done by way of a certified translator.
You must submit the following if you are a citizen in a Nordic country
- Intyg om vigsel
The papers are released by Skatteverket, and needs to be no avove the age of four months whenever you deliver them to us.
- Scan associated with image web web web page of the legitimate passport
The prшvingsattest is granted by Folkeregisteret, and must certanly be no over the age of four months whenever you deliver it to us.
Iceland and Finland
- Scan associated with photo web page of the legitimate passport
The prшvelsesattest must certanly be no over the age of four months whenever it is sent by you to us.
- Filled in notice of wedding kind
- Filled in notice of wedding kind
- Scan for the image web page of the legitimate passport
Please Be Aware
- Marriage ceremonies can be carried out in English, German or Danish
- We can’t guarantee you initially wish for, so please do not book travelling tickets until your wedding date has been confirmed by the Wedding Office that you will get married on the day
- Copenhagen City Hall will offer two witnesses you are welcome to create your own personal. You don’t have to see us about any of it until straight away prior to the marriage service
- exact Same intercourse marriages may not be recognised far away
- If you want to have your wedding certification legalised, you will find information right here
- It is possible to just replace your title if you’re registered as being a resident in Denmark
- You can register your marriage in Denmark if you have been married abroad. You need to contact Folkeregisteret (the general public registration workplace) and suggest to them your wedding certification. You are able to find out more in order to find email address for Folkeregisteret right right right here (in Danish).
The marriage Office may be contacted via email Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.
You can write a secure mail via this link if you have NemID.
Opening hours for individual attendance
Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm
Telephone hours for basic concerns
To Friday from 8am to 5pm monday
Telephone number (+45) 33 66 33 66
Phone hours for complex concerns, including finding a right time for the wedding service
Monday, Tuesday asian date finder, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon